in Iowa.
This law went into effect on July 1, 2026.
Sometimes a brief news reports takes us to do a deeper dive. Yesterdays news, 2024, has an impact today, 2026. Was the shooting a wake up call to do better?
There ought to be a law. Do you think I would have had more support in 1998 if this law had been in place?
https://youtu.be/mT3cjpCbft0?is=uCcwlBs4NWlR9I-P
Copy and paste the law:
https://www.ialobby.com/billtracker/infonet/4368
Copy and Paste:
School protest: I do not agree with advocating for new guns, but I do support the right to be heard. There was a school shooting at their high school. Some thoughts from the town's people and reporters.
January 2024: School Shooting Iowa January 2024, a student and the principal died. Was he a hero?
https://youtu.be/PNayStQEB7M?is=vvStjBIX7Nb3hLrO
https://youtube.com/shorts/cSPtkwoI0jY?is=IQH6vTSudxy9a1av
https://youtube.com/shorts/iBT9sUdzZgY?is=4uiBW716G2F1WjRh
https://youtu.be/MOr2s_Np35s?is=n7rWCEKBF2WRDlbV
https://youtu.be/yJ-zlnogim0?is=P8oxh1kQb320vpR3
https://youtu.be/t2lOEWqa8Mw?is=3rRezW0nV77e41VF
"Perry Strong". I hate the # Strong, but it is heard after many school shootings.
https://youtube.com/shorts/imth0eZa7Pk?is=9mrBkE9h-6myxQIU
When do we pray?
When are teachers and students heard?
Would a new gun law have prevented the shooting?
Do you choose prevention. intervention, rescue or recovery?
Marian R. Carlino
September 7, 2026