Stopping School Violence One Teacher’s Silent Scream Click link

Stopping School Violence One Teacher's Silent Scream

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Nightmares

I had a nightmare last night, but my conscious self woke me up knowing it was a dream. Most dreams do not stick with me. This one has.

I am sure it is a combination of concerns, conversations, and the news. The nightmare prompted this post because of something I briefly mentioned in my book about a missing college student.

First my dream: As I was walking along, I passed two people hanging out. I discerned in my dream, they were unsafe so I crossed the street after acknowledging them.  Green trees lined my new path. In my dream, I walked but also could look down upon myself. As my dream was coming to an end, so was my path. It narrowed and ended up at a concrete wall. It was not big enough to turn around. I could not climb up it as it was much higher than my reach. Could I get out or would someone find me?  I woke up before I could take any action in my dream and with concerns from my dreams still with me.

Sometimes our chosen paths lead us into living nightmares.

Doing deeper dives again on The Clery Act because of UVU, I am looking at different aspects of it to post. Some naive people have no idea of the teeth that The Clery Act holds.

If you read my book, you may have read the chapter on our connections to one another. It is not just Kevin Bacon to whom we are connected. If you have interactions with any human, we are connected. Sometimes our connections are not just direct or one off, but they are a lot less than six. I wrote about a tragic missing college student in my book.

Did you ever wonder why the news can go viral when a college student goes missing? When someone goes missing, it is a nightmare.

In 2008, The Clery Act had something added about missing students.

Copy and paste this link:

Federal Requirements for Missing Student Notification | United Educators https://share.google/TQa2hC0TewBvUJrGS

Copy and paste:

Campus Security | U.S. Department of Education https://share.google/N2vdVDBpUK3PYoJ5e

cleryappendixfinal.pdf https://share.google/wM1FlaZfdkilBG9R0

Examples of fines and a few short videos to research more to learn about your college campus or one near you. I live near several in my city.

Examples of colleges which received fines, not necessarily related to missing persons, but thes are important to get a glimpse of how the world of college campus safety works.

MSU

https://youtu.be/mRnBFp1bcEM?is=IT5eWpPAK7rywtgi

Paine College: (also see OPEN Access on this blog)  This brief report is from 12 years ago.. and the point is?

https://youtu.be/mt6kWDuVTUU?is=qMYeQEU7McpuOnxf

Baylor: 5 years ago

https://youtu.be/WOrjknrdpbs?is=SlUFZtX0Fyt0DWk_

Liberty University 2 years ago:

https://youtu.be/g3erRBsboyw?is=vC0y6eAjYBYdIfd7

The Clery Act is provided for prevention. Unfortunately when an incident is at rescue and recovery, that is when colleges wake up. However, their nightmare may never end.

Marian R. Carlino

September 29, 2026