..but the news took my attention. I reached out to my supervisor and asked to step away from my desk and the incoming phone calls. That day was August 27, 2025. The six degrees of separation was about a three.
Copy and paste this link.
Diocese of Scranton in Minnesota reactions right after the shooting on August 27, 2025. Read the article and compare notes.
News links:
https://youtu.be/fsAoPxuffwc?is=0-s9YDqjzuc7Igp9
A doctor relying on prayer. A #strong of which I am not a personal fan, but it works for some.
https://youtu.be/J9gKdnfsx_Y?is=JeC1u29b3r9oADlx
Caution with link below, it has a video diary of the shooter but is a short video.
https://youtu.be/x7c8oyLHYcs?is=O-qLg4ZZTpef9KQF
Other states react:
https://youtu.be/8hoM61rWwPM?is=xySvxIc_19H8Wjec
Information: One year later. Not much is known about the shooter?
Copy and paste this link:
Follow up on one of the dead victim's parents: They reflect and share video of his frozen in time bedroom.
https://youtu.be/ub0qYwvosMw?is=7b90PbpbajlJhg5p
Romancing violence helps in a very limited way. Fletcher will be forgotten over time by most of us, unless we take seriously what is stated at the end of the last video.
I will never forget Shannon Wright. I wrote because of her in 1998. I will never stop writing. Remember, it is not the weapon of choice we are battling.
As a Catholic who lives in a city where a synagogue was the scene of a massacre, I know with one degree of separation how evil strikes out during religious services. Many faith communities know it first hand.
The children were in prayer as a person says in the first video. Evil hates children. Jesus warned the women from the Cross. Mary wept.
Mary reached out to the children at Fatima to deliver messages, per Catholic faith. Some did not take kindly to the children, even those in their own homes. We remember them today, over one hundred years later.
Maybe we can listen to the voice of Fletcher through his room and remember him. He had a journal too.
What is in your child's journal? Who is speaking to your children?
In 1998, I stepped away from my classroom, but not the proverbial desk.
What makes you step away from your work?
Marian R. Carlino
September 18, 2026